Skip to main content
#
LibertyTileSolutions
Tile Cleaning. Grout Cleaning.  Travertine Tile Cleaning. Carpet Cleaning
Our Services
Professional Travertine Cleaning. Travertine Tile Cleaning  Sacramento CA
Referral Rewards
Resources
Commercial Tile Cleaning. Commercial Carpet Cleaning Services
Contact
Blog
Gallery
 Blog 
Friday, November 13 2009

Product Review: Resolve Deep Clean Powder

With the holidays just around the corner many will want to spruce up their homes with some form of carpet cleaning. As I have said on more than one occasion your carpet is often the largest piece of 'functional decoration' in your home. If your carpets look dirty, dull and dingy it will cause the rest of the home to look that same way.

Recently I saw another TV commercial with Resolve demonstrating their 'Resolve Deep Clean Powder'. By the commercial you would have thought they had invented the miracle cure of all cures for carpet cleaning. Before you buy this product let me provide you with the following information:

According to the Product Safety Data Sheet furnished by Resolve's manufacturer, Reckitt Benckiser North America, Inc., the ingredients for the product are CELLULOSE FIBERS (35-40% of the product weight), SODIUM SULFATE ANHYDROUS (5-10% of product weight), and SODIUM LAURYL SULFATE (1-3% of product weight). If you do the math the maximum percentage of weight for the above listed ingredients is 53%, what about the remainder 47%? The product safety data sheet does not say but my guess would be either air or water. The pH level for this product is 7.0 - 8.0. The carpet manufacturers recommend a pH level of 9.0 when cleaning residential carpet.

I would like focus now on one particular ingredient SODIUM LAURYL SULFATE (SLS). This is an inexpensive detergent that is commonly used in cosmetic cleansers, hair shampoos, bath and shower gels, bubble baths, etc. - It is probably the most dangerous ingredient used in skin and hair care products. SLS is used in garage floor cleaners, engine degreasers, and car wash soaps.

A study at the Medical College of Georgia indicated that SLS penetrated into the eyes as well as brain, heart, liver, etc., and showed long term retention in the tissues. The study also indicated that SLS penetrated young children's eyes and prevented them from developing properly and caused cataracs to develop in young adults. It is potentially harmful to skin and hair. Cleans by corrosion. Dries skin by stripping the protective lipids from the surface so it can't effectively regulate moisture. Is this something you want to clean your carpets with? I hope not.

No matter how well you follow the instructions you are going to leave behind a residue of this chemical in your carpets, air, and home. Repeat uses will mean a gradual build up of this residue increasing your risk to the potential side effects. As you may have already guessed we CAN NOT recommend the use of this product.

Until Next Time,

Michael Hull

 

Posted by: Michael Hull AT 10:00 am   |  Permalink   |  2 Comments  |  Email
Comments:
I almost bought this product. Thank you for saving me money and a possible headache. Your words of wisdom are most appreciated.
Posted by Brenda L. on 11/20/2009 - 12:56 PM
This stuff didn't work for me either. Waste of money.
Posted by Janet on 12/18/2009 - 08:27 AM

Post comment
Name
 *
Email Address

Message
(max 750 characters)
*
* Required Fields
Note: All comments are subject to approval. Your comment will not appear until it has been approved.

Site Mailing List  Sign Guest Book  View Guest Book 
We put the 'WOW' back in to your floors

 

We provide professional tile, grout, carpet cleaning services for home and businesses in the following California cities: Sacramento, West Sacramento, Elk Grove, Wilton, Galt, Lodi, Stockton, Laguna West, Rancho Murieta, Mather, Rancho Cordova, Folsom, El Dorado Hills, Rescue, Cool, Carmichael, Fair Oaks, Orangevale, Antelope, Roseville, Lincoln, Loomis, Rocklin, Natomas, Citrus Heights, and Slough House. We will travel to other areas.

 

Hours: Monday thru Saturday 8:00AM till 8:00PM - Sitemap

Copyright © 2010-2011 Liberty Floor Solutions   Website Design By: www.wink-media.com

 

 

Providing tile, grout, travertine, carpet cleaning professional services to Sacramento and Elk Grove California : carpet cleaning - grout tile cleaning - travertine tile cleaning - carpet steam cleaning services